User-agent: * Allow: / http://www.newdiabeticplus.blogspot.com/ 2010-12-11T12:59:58+00:00 1.00 daily <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.pagetitle]--> <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.pagetitle]-->

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back To The Story

09/28/10   I’ll start off by saying “I suck at Fantasy Football”.  Well that might be a little harsh.  Week #3 is over and I’m probably doing 60/40 on the win/loss scale.  Not too bad since this is the second year I’ve played FF.  The first was in 2003 I think. I had much better luck playing football in High School.  I also had one diabetic issue this morning.  I forgot my medicine and insulin last night.  So this morning I was really light headed, sweats, and disoriented.  So I had a big bowl of sugar coated cereal, 2 pints of milk, and a nectarine.  I cheated with some sugar free ice cream.  I also took 10 units of insulin.  Like I said, I’m new to this, so I really don’t know if I did the right thing.  But as you can see by this post, everything is okay.  As I’m typing this my blood sugar is 104.  For anybody new to this 70-100 is good, and 120-150 is good 2hrs after a meal.  Disclaimer:  Author is not a doctor, nurse, or medical practitioner.  Any numbers given or strategies taken by the author in regards to Diabetes are only events in author’s life and not meant for public advice, direction or prescription. Remember people, these are my misadventures.

   
Getting back to the story; the “Asswhoopin’ was just a start.  My parents didn’t believe in corporal punishment.  What they did believe in was very long, tortuous lectures and yelling.  For me, these tended to be anywhere from 1-2 hours long.  This particular one kept me awake into sobriety.  I didn’t know it then but towards the end of the lecture my blood sugar was low and my mother had to stop yelling in order to fix me breakfast.  We didn’t notice any diabetic signs yet.  That is just another warning sign that should have been noticed.  Now here comes the funny/sad part.  You see, both my parents were Police Officers and had a strict adherence to the law.  So, after finding out that some of the seniors were 18 years of age and one was already out of school, they were adamant about pressing charges.  They also wanted to get my buddy’s parents involved.  Now picture this: A geeky, skinny, four eyed freshman is going to press criminal charges on fellow school mate and the girl he has a crush on.  My popularity rating went from toilet to the sewer.  My school had a maximum of 450 students to add to the pain.  So that is number one on my list of Top Warning Signs of medical misadventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment