User-agent: * Allow: / http://www.newdiabeticplus.blogspot.com/ 2010-12-11T12:59:58+00:00 1.00 daily <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.pagetitle]--> <!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.pagetitle]-->

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Breakfast Geek or 15 Candles

09/23 Okay, it was the early Eighties and I was a Freshman in High School.  I don’t think the word Diabetic was even in my vocabulary.  A skinny brainiac with glasses and with friend I can count on my thumb.  The muscle and decent looks come a year and a half later.  I’m on the Yearbook Staff where this is this one “totally hot” Senior (female).  I would have done anything to get him to notice me.  That include be gullible to her every whim.  That includes offering to pay for a boatload of booze.  I one condition; my one thumb friend and I be allowed to attend the festivities.  Sound like something from John Hughes movie doesn’t it (You can get that movie and more by Clicking Here). Only I was a little taller than his geek though. And there were no “can’t we all just get along” moments in those days. I have some funny stories for that one too. OOPs!  Sorry about that, have to keep on track.  I am a serious movie buff who likes all kinds of movies, especially movies with the “Duke”.  If anybody reads this, tell me your favorite J.W. movie is. Anyway, she agrees and tells me that she will pick up my friend and me at our bus stop.  Know don’t you think I might have gotten a clue from that request. Damn I’m Dumb!

Before I sign off, thought I’d let a few people who are reading this expecting a ton of information on Diabetes, that yes I’m going to discuss it.  That is I might point on it here and there where it concerns me and how I’m changing the way I live.  I also give out some useful info when I come across it.  Like a report I read in WebMD that some doctors think that diabetes may to Alzheimer’s Disease.  Was it vice versa?  LOL, I was just kidding.  It also states that these two diseases are of the fastest growing in the U.S.    I think I also read somewhere else that it is tied to Vietnam Vets as well.    On that not, I served in the Marine Corps. So I don’t appreciate any negativism toward military what it’s doing in other countries.  Anyway, this blog is about the lifestyle (and don’t take that word too far) I led that in its sum led to my diagnosis as a diabetic.  It also covers my lifestyle today and the changes I’ve had to make because of Diabetes.






No comments:

Post a Comment